Climate of Port Blair, Andaman Islands Average Weather
- Port Blair, Andaman Islands is at 11°40'N, 92°43'E, 79 m (259 ft). See map.
- Port Blair has a tropical monsoonal climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Am) with a dry season and a heavy monsoon the rest of year, no cold season.
- The average temperature is 26.2 degrees Celsius (79.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2.7 °C (4.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 2872 mm (113.1 inches) which is equivalent to 2872 Litres/m² (70.44 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2405 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Port Blair you would come out nearest to the climate station at Trujillo, Peru where you would find a Subtropical desert climate.
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Port Blair, Andaman Islands Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Thandwe, Myanmar - 776.2 kms (482.3 miles) NNE
- Pathein, Myanmar - 608.6 kms (378.2 miles) NNE
- Rangoon, Yangon, Myanmar - 678.1 kms (421.4 miles) NNE
- Hpa-An, Myanmar - 777.2 kms (482.9 miles) NE
- Ye, Myanmar - 684.7 kms (425.5 miles) NE
- Coco Island, Myanmar - 281.4 kms (174.9 miles) NNE
- Dawei, Myanmar - 654.6 kms (406.8 miles) ENE
- Kanchanaburi, Thailand - 784.2 kms (487.3 miles) ENE
- Hua Hin, Thailand - 793.3 kms (492.9 miles) E
- Myeik, Myanmar - 645.4 kms (401.1 miles) E
- Mergui, Tanintharyi, Myanmar - 645.4 kms (401.1 miles) E
- Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand - 772.4 kms (480 miles) E
- Chumphon, Thailand - 718 kms (446.2 miles) E
- Ranong, Thailand - 671 kms (417 miles) ESE
- Kawthaung, Myanmar - 668 kms (415.1 miles) ESE
- Car Nicobar, Nicobar Islands - 280.1 kms (174 miles) S
- Surat Thani, Thailand - 758 kms (471 miles) ESE
- Phuket (Airport), Thailand - 727.4 kms (452 miles) ESE
- Phuket, Thailand - 751.4 kms (467 miles) ESE